A giveaway, did you hear that right?! I think this might qualify my tiny little blog as a real grown-up blog… how did that happen? Well, I’ll tell you how. There are a number of super creative and talented folks in my quilt guild, The East Bay Modern Quilters. One of these individuals happens to be Kim Andersson, the fine lady of i adore pattern, and creator of Good Hair Day fabric with Windham Fabrics.
I made a floor pouf for her from her exciting new fabric line, arriving in stores now. It was a joy to play with her colors. For me, there were a couple of unexpected pairings in her line, and they all got along together beautifully in the finished project. I loved stretching my color design muscles in a different direction. The pouf has two large panels that were pieced, the top and bottom panel.
My biggest problem was deciding which panel should be the top because I loved them both so much. Kim said that’s a good problem to have – and really, she was right! I used the Floor Pouf pattern from Anna Graham’s book Handmade Style.
Everyone needs a Good Hair Day, and you can enter to win one charm pack by responding to my post. Tell me, when was your last Good Hair Day? It’s been a while for me… mental note, make an appointment with the hairdresser, STAT! The comments will be open until January 21st, and I will announce the winner here on the 22nd. Open to international and US entries. Check below for the rest of the blog-hop lineup, there are some beautiful makes and talented makers! Thanks for stopping by.
- Wednesday, January 13 – Adrianne Ove – Little Bluebell / Kristen Takakuwa – The Needies
- Thursday January 14 – Dan Rouse – Piece and Press / Cal Patch – Hodge Podge Farm
- Friday January 15 – Stacey Day – Stacey In Stitches / Amy Gunson – Badskirt
- Saturday January 16 – Madeleine Roberg – Domestic Strata / Darci Alexis – Darci Sews
- Sunday January 17 – Miriam Blaich – The Berlin Quilter / Crystal Chadwick – The Cloth Albatross
- Monday January 18 – Pati Fried & Laura Nownes – See How We Sew / Gillian Smith –Coding Crafter
- Tuesday January 19 – Casey York – The Studiolo / Nicole Daksiewicz – Modern Handcraft